ᐃᓄᒃᑎᑑᖅᑐᑦ ᒪᒃᐱᕋᖏᑦ ᐅᖃᓕᒫᕐᓗᒋᑦ
Your typical expedition fee includes:
- Online Education Program
- Electronic Orientation Package and Expedition Resources
- One-on-one support for expedition preparations and inquiries
- All accommodations (hotels, cabins on expedition ship)
- Group flights (from gateway city to our ship and return)
- Local transportation (buses and shuttles within gateway cities)
- Activities, excursions and all associated programming materials
- Education Program (presentations, workshops, seminars, discussion groups, hands-on activities and field work, etc.)
- All meals
- SOI expedition gear: one or two warm outdoor clothing item(s), SOI t-shirt, expedition journal, name tag, and luggage tags
Your typical expedition fee do not include:
- Your independent travel to and from the gateway city
- The cost of your travel visa or other travel documentation
- The cost of your passport
- Airport taxes and reciprocity fees (varies depending on expedition, gateway cities and group flight routes)
- Personal medical and travel insurance, which is mandatory for participation
- Personal expedition clothing and gear
*If applicable, university course fees are not included. Information will be provided to students upon registration regarding the availability of credit courses.
Payments for fundraising/self funding participants
Upon your acceptance as a fundraising/self funding student, you will be asked to submit a $1000 non-refundable deposit within 10 business days of receiving your invoice in order to reserve your place on expedition. This payment can be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to email@example.com. Cheques are accepted (made payable to Students On Ice Inc.) but email transfers are preferred to keep within the 10 day timeline. Once you’ve submitted your deposit, you will receive notice from our Finance Manager and an updated invoice and payment schedule for the balance of your expedition fee. Payments towards your expedition fee can be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) sent to finance ‘at’ studentsonice.com or by cheque. Please make cheques payable to Students on Ice. Unfortunately, we do not accept payments by credit card. Contact our office regarding tax receipt opportunities and payment plan options. Generally, 50% of the expedition fee is due at least 120 days prior to departure and final balances are due at least 60 days prior to departure. Expedition fee payment schedules may be customized to meet participant needs and financial capabilities. All payments received within 120 days or more prior to the departure date are refundable, with the exception of the $1000 non-refundable deposit. When cancellations are received within 119 days of the departure date, payments are not refundable. We recommend that students purchase cancellation insurance.
The $1000 deposit is non-refundable. Although not mandatory to participate, purchasing cancellation insurance is advised. All payments received 120 days or more prior to the departure date are refundable, less the $1000 non-refundable deposit. When cancellations are received after these dates, payments are not refundable.
Students on Ice is proudly supported by bv02.
This website was made possible by a generous contribution from the Leacross Foundation.