How To Participate
Apply today to join our expedition teams to the Arctic and Antarctic. Experience the wonder and beauty of the Polar Regions with cohorts of new friends and inspiring educators.
We are not currently accepting applications to our 2020 Arctic Expedition. More information about our 2021 Arctic Expedition will be available Fall 2020. Please check back for updates!
We encourage applicants to submit their applications as early as possible. Applying with ample time also allows participants to gather the funds necessary for the expedition fee, if they are fundraising or self-funding.
All interested applicants must submit a completed online Student Application Form for the Arctic or Antarctic expedition. There is a separate Staff Application Form.
To learn more about scholarship opportunities or fundraising support, please visit this page of our website.
Please follow the following steps to ensure that your application is complete and received in good order:
- Please ensure that you meet all of the eligibility criteria and read all instructions carefully.
- Complete the online application form; you can complete the form in several steps and can save and return to your form at any time.
- Be sure to complete all essay questions and provide the contact information for two references.
- Submit the form.
- Be patient while Students on Ice processes your application. If you are applying for a scholarship, the review process begins after the deadline. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to provide feedback on your application.
- You will be notified by Students on Ice upon acceptance to the expedition.
- For fundraising or self-funding participants: A deposit of $1,000 is required within 10 business days of your acceptance in order to reserve your place on expedition. Please send your deposit via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept payment by credit card. Cheques are accepted (made payable to Students on Ice Inc.), but email transfers are preferred to keep within the 10-day timeline.
Please also ensure that you have read the section on expedition fees, payments, and cancellations.