How To Participate
Apply today to join our expedition teams to the Arctic and Antarctic. Experience the wonder and beauty of the Polar Regions with cohorts of new friends and inspiring educators.
We welcome you to apply for our expeditions at any time. There is no firm deadline for the submission of general applications for our expeditions. While we accept applications on a rolling basis, we encourage applicants to submit their forms as early as possible to ensure your participation as there are a limited number of spots on board. Applying with ample time also allows participants to gather the funds necessary for the expedition fee.
To learn more about scholarship opportunities or fundraising support, please visit this page of our website.
Please follow the following steps to ensure that your application is complete and received in good order:
- Please ensure that you meet all of the eligibility criteria and read all instructions carefully.
- Complete the online application form; you can complete the form in several steps and can save and return to your form at any time.
- Be sure to complete all essay questions and provide the contact information for two references.
- Submit the form.
- Be patient while Students on Ice processes your application. Processing your application can take several weeks. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to provide feedback on your application.
- You will be notified by the Participant Coordinator upon acceptance to the expedition.
- A deposit of $1,000 is required within 10 business days of your acceptance in order to reserve your place on expedition. Please send your deposit via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept payment by credit card. Cheques are accepted (made payable to Students on Ice Inc.), but email transfers are preferred to keep within the 10-day timeline.
*Please note that a deposit is not required for scholarship applicants, and your participation is dependent on the scholarship selection process. However, you may submit the $1,000 deposit to secure your place if you intend to fund your participation in the event your scholarship application is not successful.
Please also ensure that you have read the section on expedition fees, payments, and cancellations.