Shoot Nations 2008 is addressing the theme of ‘Young People in a Changing Climate’.
Shoot Nations 2008 wants to build a global picture of how climate change is affecting young people worldwide, how they can act now to slow the change and how they can adapt to the inevitable changes in the future.
Competition opens on May 1, 2008 and closes Thursday July 31 at 6pm GMT. Winners will be announced on Tuesday August 12, International Youth Day 2008.
The concept is simple:
Any young person aged 11 â€“ 24 can take and enter three photos (or drawings) to express their feelings on the following three briefs:
1. How is climate change affecting your life?
2. Act now – be the change!
3. Your world in the future.
* No photography experience necessary
* You should enter one photo/drawing per brief and upload your entries to shootnations.org with a caption to explain what your photo is about
* The photos/drawings you submit must be taken by you.
* You can submit entries that were created before the competition start date.
Winners will be chosen in two age categories:
* 11 to 16
* 17 to 24
INTERNATIONAL YOUTH DAY
Selected photos will be presented as a light-box installation at the World Youth Congress in Quebec to celebrate International Youth Day 2008. The light-box presentation will take place on August 12. Winners will be in with a chance of accompanying the Shoot Nations team to Quebec for the presentation.
For more information, visit Shoot Nations 2008 here.