Join the Students on Ice Alumni Council!
This exciting new opportunity is designed to leverage the incredible talents and ideas of our Alumni community, by integrating their voices directly into the growth of the program.
The Alumni Council will be a tightly knit group of 12 engaged alumni who work in tandem with the Students on Ice Foundation to design engaging future initiatives, provide opportunities for alumni in their communities and advocate on behalf of the foundation at local and international events.
Interested? Here are some of the ways we’ll be training and expanding your network as part of our team:
Weekend getaway at Ottawa head office with specialized training in:
- Delivering presentations and public speaking
- Facilitation educational workshops
- Engaging in dialogue around reconciliation
- Fundraising and networking skills
- Exploring mental health and financial literacy
- Bi-annual strategy roundtables with the entire Alumni Council
- Dedicated project support and network access from the Alumni Programs Team
With these resources under your belt, here’s how we see our team accomplishing amazing things:
- Reflect upon and share your alumni experience
- Gather program feedback from the community
- Design new opportunities for Alumni from all backgrounds
2. Connect and deepen Alumni relationships
- Lead engaging dialogue online and in person
- Promote and support local and international events
- Raise awareness about Alumni Program offerings
3. Grow the Alumni Program
- Search for new partnerships
- Facilitate growth of new projects
If you hold the Expedition Spirit close to your heart and are motivated to learn and build new things as part of team, this is the position for you! Participants, educators and staff of all ages are encouraged to apply. Council members should be able to commit to 1 year of participation and a 3-day training weekend in Ottawa. This is a volunteer position.
Your actions inspire us to work harder everyday. We are excited to bring you on-board the team!
Applications close on Monday, June 12th, 2017.
Contact email@example.com with questions or to share your thoughts!