Are you interested in joining the Expedition Staff team? Students on Ice expeditions require experienced staff members who possess leadership capabilities, a passion for learning and working with youth.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Adults who enjoy working with youth and are passionate about the goals of the SOI program. Candidates are not required to be a certified teacher/educator.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, engaging, and comfortable interacting with a large and diverse group of youth.
- Capable of providing guidance to youth who are far from home in a foreign environment.
- Demonstrate an interest in the Polar Regions
- Possess a passion for learning; leadership qualities and/or potential to develop these qualities; active involvement in the community.
All candidates must submit a clear Police Records Check, including clearance for service with the Vulnerable Sector, from their local police authority.
Candidates must possess a valid passport or be able to complete the process of obtaining a passport.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join the SOI Expedition Team, please apply using the Staff Application Form.
Please note that SOI expeditions are educational journeys, NOT a vacation! Staff applicants must be committed to participate fully in all aspects of the program and assist when needed.