The selection process for our expeditions is competitive. Applicants should be able to demonstrate qualities such as strong academic ability and/or a passion for learning, interest in the Polar Regions, leadership potential, community involvement, and a strong desire to make a difference on a local or global scale.
Successful applicants must agree to a mandatory education program prior to and during the expedition.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 14 to 24 years old at the time of application. We accept youth from any country in the world.
- Applicant must demonstrate some or all of the following qualities: strong academic ability and/or passion for learning; leadership qualities and/or potential to develop these qualities; active involvement in the community; a desire to make a difference.
- Applicant must submit a completed application form, and including contact information for two references, who will be sent a link to a referral form to complete.
- Applicant must understand that this is an educational expedition, not a vacation. Student must demonstrate an interest in issues relating to the Polar Regions and be committed to participate fully in all aspects of the mandatory education program and any learning/research activities prior to and during the expedition.
- University/college students may also have the option to enroll in an accredited field course offered during the expedition by one of our partner institutions. More details will be provided closer to expedition dates.
- Successful applicants enrolled in expedition field courses must agree to participate in and complete any pre-expedition preparations and/or post-expedition assignments as directed by their respective instructors.
- Successful applicants must accept the responsibility to act as an ambassador for their communities and educational institutions.
- Applicants must possess a passport or be willing to obtain a passort and any other travel documentation necessary to participate in the expedition.