To finalize your registration, all students and staff will receive a link to the Registration Form to fill out online. For student participants under 18 years old, please complete all forms with a parent/guardian as we require their consent.
The following is a list of the documents you will need with you in order to complete the online form. We strongly suggest compiling this information in advance. Please note the specific deadline which will be noted in the Registration Form.
- Copy of your provincial identification card. International participants will require a passport; You will need to upload either a scanned copy or a clear photo (.jpg format). We need to be able to read the information printed on it, and see your photo clearly.
- Short biography and a headshot of yourself. Copy and paste your bio (150 words max) into the form, and upload a recent photo of yourself which shows your face clearly (.jpg format).
- Copy of your travel arrangements to St. Johns and from Ottawa. We will require details such as arrival/departure times so that SOI staff can meet you upon arrival and accompany you to your departure.
- Insurance policy information. We will require the insurance company name, your policy number, an emergency contact number for the company, and you will need to upload a copy of your policy.
- Access to a printer. All passengers will need to print, sign, and upload a copy of the ship’s Passenger Contract and an activity waiver. These are mandatory and must be submitted to our ship in advance of embarkation. You can download and print the forms, sign them and upload either a scanned copy or a clear photo of it (.jpg format).
YOU WILL NEED: TIME TO READ THROUGH OUR WAIVERS! ALL PARTICIPANTS (AND A PARENT/GUARDIAN IF UNDER 18) WILL NEED TO READ AND SIGN THE FOLLOWING: HEALTH STATEMENT, CONSENT TO MEDICAL TREATMENT, LIABILITY RELEASE, MEDIA WAIVER, AND THE SOI CODE OF CONDUCT.