Working with Students on Ice means working with a great team for a great cause. If you support our objectives and have a skill set that is applicable to our work, please get in touch with us.
The Students on Ice Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and Indigenous peoples.
We thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: Compensation commensurate with experience
Employment Type: 2-3 days per week
STUDENTS ON ICE (SOI) is seeking an experienced, professional and skilled individual to assist with financial administration and accounting tasks for the organization.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounting Assistant will be responsible for a broad range of accounting and administration tasks such as accounts receivables and payables and Quickbooks data entry. This is a part-time contract position (2-3 days per week with a starting probationary period of 3 months) for an experienced individual who is able to work independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processing account payables;
- Processing accounts receivables;
- Entering information into Quickbooks;
- Supporting the SOI team with other tasks as needs arise.
Qualifications & Experience
- A College and/or University Degree in a relevant field of study, preferably accounting;
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience;
- Experience working with Quickbooks;
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel;
- Effective interpersonal skills, demonstrating a strong capacity to work independently and collaboratively, under minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication skills. Abilities in French are an asset;
- Experience with standard computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Drive.
Students on Ice is an award-winning educational organization offering unique educational expeditions to the Antarctic and the Arctic, and other related programs. Our mandate is to provide students from around the world with inspiring educational opportunities at the ends of the earth, and in doing so, help them foster a new understanding and respect for our planet. For more information, please visit: www.studentsonice.com
Applications are currently being accepted. An interview will follow, to be held at the Students on Ice office in Gatineau, Quebec. Position to commence immediately. Please send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume attached as one file. While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Thank you for your interest in Students on Ice!