Working with Students on Ice means working with a great team for a great cause. If you support our objectives and have a skill set that is applicable to our work, please get in touch with us.
The Students on Ice (SOI) Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and Indigenous peoples.
We thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please see the following available positions. We are always keen to meet talented professionals who would like to join our team. If you wish to be considered for any future positions, please send your CV and cover letter to: henk(at)studentsonice.com
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Expedition to Community (E2C) Local Community
SOI’s new Expedition to Community (E2C) program will engage Canadian youth in service opportunities in the four Inuit regions, providing participating youth with inspiration, training, mentoring and financial support to co-create service projects that fit their interests and respond to the key needs of Canada’s Northern communities.
Below are the five coordinator job postings:
Cambridge Bay or Kugluktuk: http://studentsonice.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Cambridge-Bay-or-Kugluktuk-E2C-Coordinator-Job-Posting.pdf
Assistant to the Executive Team
Students on Ice is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic
Assistant to the Executive Team
About Students on Ice
The Students on Ice (SOI) Foundation is an award-winning organization that has led more than 30 expeditions to the Arctic and Antarctic. Founded in 2000, the SOI Foundation is based on the principle that we are driven by the personal connections that we make to the land and to one another and these connections foster a deeper understanding of and commitment to a healthy and sustainable future.
Experiential education in the Polar Regions is SOI’s core program in which participants learn first-hand about climate change, oceans, reconciliation and other globally important topics. SOI’s programming is built on cross-generational, cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary learning principles. Beyond expedition, the SOI Foundation connects people, organizations, and funding around ideas, initiatives and programs related to sustainability.
More about the role
Responsibilities of the Assistant to the Executive Team include:
- Managing the calendar and travel arrangements for the Executive Team, consisting of the Executive Director and the Chief Operating Officer;
- Setting up and preparing meetings incl. agenda, briefing documentation for meeting participants, presentation etc.;
- Supporting the maintenance and development of key stakeholder relationships;
- Coordinating executive communications, including taking calls, drafting responses to emails and interfacing with externals, including members of the Board of Directors and Board of Advisors;
- Collating credit card receipts and preparing expense claims;
- Maintaining the Executive Director’s contacts in SOI’s Salesforce database;
- Acting as a gatekeeper and liaison between the Executive Director and staff/externals;
- Provide admin support to the Executive Director in his roles as board member on boards of other organizations;
- Supporting certain projects, initiatives and events in collaboration with other members of the SOI Team;
- Organizing catering for events, meetings and lunches;
- Covering for the Admin & Office Coordinator during absences;
- Contribute to a collaborative and positive work environment by attending all-staff meetings, participating in SOI events, representing SOI at external events and conferences when applicable and assisting with other duties as assigned.
Job requirements, key competencies and characteristics:
- 3+ years of work experience in a dynamic work environment;
- Service oriented, flexible and adaptable: “flexibility is key!”
- Strong problem solver and high performer under short timelines;
- Well organized and ability to prioritize;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills; experience with presentation and/or design software a bonus;
- Experience and/or affinity with SOI’s areas of focus: climate change, ocean health, youth development and capacity building in the North is preferred;
- Bilingual EN/FR or EN/Inuktitut is preferred.
To apply for this exciting position, please email your resume and cover letter no later than May 27th, 2019 at 9am to the attention of Henk van der Molen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SOI offers an inclusive work environment and we encourage and welcome applications from Indigenous peoples, members of a visible minority group, and people living with disabilities.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you so much for your interest in Students on Ice!
Click HERE to download the job posting.